JUNIOR ADVISORY BOARD
The Junior Advisory Board (JAB for short) is a group of 9th-12th graders with a passion for the performing arts and for serving the Spartanburg Youth Theatre (SYT). JAB members apply for a spot on the board and must have been involved onstage or backstage in at least two previous SYT productions before they can apply.
JAB exists to allow the youth to have a voice at SYT. They give the SYT director valuable input regarding shows and productions. JAB also provides extensive services to the theatre, including but not limited to assisting with auditions and audition workshops, participating in at least two SYT productions each season, and producing and performing in the annual Spanky Awards Show.
Each May rising 9th-12th graders interested in applying for JAB will have the opportunity to submit an application that will be posted to the SYT website and Facebook page.
WANT TO BE IN JAB 2019-20?
Applicants must be in the rising 9th-12th grade and must have participated as cast and/or crew in at least 2 SYT productions within the past 2 seasons (2017-18 season until now).
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THURSDAY, MAY 9, 2019 AT 5:00PM.
You will be notified by email on Friday, May 10, 2019 in the afternoon if you have been selected to be a member of JAB.
If you become a member of JAB, we will have a meeting on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 4:30pm in the SYT classroom for all new and returning JAB members.
Members must fulfill the below requirements. Members who are unable to fulfill the requirements will be dismissed from JAB and will not be able to participate in 2020 Spanky Awards.
JAB 2019-20 Requirements:
1. Must be in the rising 9th-12th grade.
2. Must have participated as cast and/or crew in at least 2 SYT productions within the past 2 seasons (2017-18 season until now).
3. Serve a 1-year term from June 2019 - May 2020.
4. Attend JAB meetings on the 1st Tuesday of each month (4:30-5:30pm), with no more than 2 unexcused absences in the fall and 2 unexcused absences in the spring.
5. Assist with at least 1 week-long summer camp during summer 2019.
6. Accumulate 80 JAB Participation Points by accomplishing tasks such as:
-Cast member/stage manager/assistant director in a 2019-20 SYT or SLT production (30 points per production)
-Crew member in a 2019-20 SYT or SLT production (20 points per production)
-Assist with an additional week-long summer camp during summer 2019 aside from your required camp
(20 points per camp)
-Work the Stargrams table for a 2019-20 SYT production (10 points per production)
-Any additional activities/events where help is needed (points determined case-by-case)
7. Upon completion of above requirements, participate as cast or crew in the Spanky Awards Show on
Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
**Starting Tue, Apr 21, 2020, JAB will rehearse Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30-7:30pm for the Spanky Awards.
Conflicts will be allowed within reason.
2019-2020 Junior Advisory Board
Abbie Van Pelt
Zary Van Pelt
Junior Advisory Board