CLASS GUIDELINES REGARDING COVID-19:
- You and your child's safety are our first priority. SYT will continue to implement measures to promote the health and safety of all children participating in a class at SYT.
-CLICK HERE for the full list of measures SYT will be taking to keep our campers and staff safe and healthy.
AT THE SPARTANBURG YOUTH THEATRE, YOU'LL FIND:
- A staff comprised of some of the finest theatre artists in the region.
- Classes to inspire and engage every student, from the beginner to the advanced.
- A welcoming environment that encourages each student no matter their skill level.
Whether you are an aspiring performer or designer or just want to build confidence and make new friends, the Spartanburg Youth Theatre is the place to be! Camps are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please remember to register early, as many of our classes fill up quickly.
- Tuition may be paid in full at the time of registration or you may pay half the cost at the time of registration and the remainder no less than 7 days prior to the first day of camp.
- Applications will be taken until 12pm on Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- Scholarship applicants will be notified of their scholarships status by February 9, 2022.
-To apply for a scholarship, CLICK HERE.
-Please note that scholarships for each class are subject to class availability, the amount of scholarship funds available, number of scholarship applicants, and information considered on the scholarship application. The only way a spot can be guaranteed is if payment is received.
-If you worry about a class filling up, and would like to secure a spot before scholarship decisions have been made, you may choose to pay a $30 non-refundable deposit to hold a spot in the class. To pay a non-refundable deposit, pay online at www.spartanburgyouththeatre.com/classdeposit. Please still submit a scholarship application
- If you pay the $30 non-refundable deposit and you do not receive a scholarship, then your spot in the camp is still secure and you can decide if you would like to keep your spot by paying the rest of tuition. If you receive a full scholarship, then the rest of the tuition will be taken care of with the scholarship. If you receive a partial scholarship, the $30 deposit you paid will go toward the rest of your balance due. If you have further questions, please contact Adam Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT!
- Register before 5pm on Friday, February 4, 2022 and receive $10 off the cost of each class. Early registration discounts do not apply to K4-K5 classes.
- When registering online, the price listed includes the $10 discount.
- If you cancel no later than 7 days before the first day of your camp, tuition less a $30 Class Cancellation Fee will be refunded. If you cancel less than 7 days before the first day of your class, only a refund or credit of 50% of the tuition cost will be issued.
- Once classes have started, no refunds will be given.
-Register online below, or call us at (864) 585-8278 for information and to enroll.
SUMMER THEATRE CAMPS
Week long camps begin the week of June 5-9, 2023, and run every week through July 31-August 4, 2023.
SYT camps s are open to children in rising K4-12th grades. K4-K5 students must be fully potty-trained and able to use the bathroom by themselves. SYT staff may not change diapers nor enter the bathroom with a child.
Masks are optional to participate in an SYT camp.
AT THE SPARTANBURG YOUTH THEATRE, YOU'LL FIND:
A staff comprised of some of the finest theatre artists in the region.
Classes to inspire and engage every student, from the beginner to the advanced.
A welcoming environment that encourages each student no matter their skill level.
Whether you are an aspiring performer or designer or just want to build confidence and make new friends, the Spartanburg Youth Theatre is the place to be! Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please remember to register early, as many of our classes fill up quickly.
Tuition may be paid in full at the time of registration or through a payment plan set up automatically through CourseStorm online. Payment plans are only available for classes over $100. You can choose the payment plan option at checkout when you register.
SYT’s Scholarship Fund is financially supported by the generous donations form our community. Scholarships are awarded based on need, using the free-and-reduced-lunch requirements in Spartanburg county. For more information on this scale, visit https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/1967.
To apply, use the link below or CLICK HERE.
REGISTER EARLY AND GET A DISCOUNT!
Register before 12pm on Monday, May 20, 2024 and receive $20 off the cost of each camp.
Early registration discount does not apply to K4-K5 camps.
When registering online, you will be prompted to accept the Early Registration Discount at checkout.
If you cancel more 7 days before the first day of your class, tuition less a $30 Cancellation Fee will be refunded. If you cancel less than 7 days before the first day of your class, only a refund or credit of 50% of the tuition cost will be issued.
Once classes have started, no refunds will be given.
Register online below, or call us at (864) 278-9669 for information and to enroll.
We use CourseStorm for online registration. You will need to create a new account in order to enroll. After that you will be able to enroll easily for future camps, classes and workshops.
For campers who are taking a 9am-12:00pm camp, and also a 1:00-4:00pm camp during the same week, campers are welcome to stay at the theatre and eat lunch during the break between camps. There will be an adult in the building during this break, however there will not be organized activity during this break.
IMAGINATION & PLAY
Our one-week camps for rising K4-K5 explore creative play, music and art, while learning acting and storytelling techniques. Camps at this age are intended to help ignite the imagination and encourage group play. There will not be a play or performance in camps for this age range, but rather a sharing of activities.
Rising K4-K5 students must be fully potty-trained and able to use the bathroom by themselves. SYT staff may not change diapers nor enter the bathroom with a child.
Rising 1st-2nd grade
Our one-week camps for rising 1st-2nd graders continue to develop teamwork, self-expression, and imagination, while introducing acting techniques and stage movement skills through a specific fun setting or theme. Camps at this age are intended to introduce young children to the concepts of theatre and encourage group play. There will not be a play or performance in camps for this age range, but rather a sharing of activities.
TECHNIQUE & PERFORMANCE CAMPS
Our one-week camps for rising 3rd-6th graders introduce theatre techniques for those who are curious, and provide intermediate-level performance camps for those who are ready for the next step of the theatre process. Some camps at this age range will include a performance showcase of skills learned during camp, but students will not be performing a full production, except for the Fairy Tale Network camp.
STORYBOOK LIVE & DEVISED DRAMA CAMPS
Our one-week Storybook Live! camps for rising 5th-12th graders provide a full-production performance opportunity for young actors. SYT premiered its virtual series Storybook Live! in 2020. In these camps, actors will film storybooks that will be sent to schools for the 2022-23 school year and included in SYT’s Storybook Live! virtual library.
Our devised drama camps explore devised theatre, which is a method of theatre creation in which the performing ensemble creates the script through collaboration. It combines performing, writing and teamwork.
PLEASE NOTE: Students interested in a Storybook Live! (Rising 5th-12th grade) camp must submit a pre-screen application, and should have relevant acting experience through a class/camp at SYT or elsewhere, and/or previous stage experience. Please fill out the pre-screen application by CLICKING HERE. A follow-up audition may be required based off the application. If you qualify, you will be emailed instructions to enroll online within two weeks of submitting your application.
Our one-week camps for rising 7th-12th graders provide both introductory and intermediate theatre training, as well as performance opportunities for certain camps!